Women know how to stay safe and have fun all at once.
From group bathroom trips to alternate names for the weekend. Hey Tonya!!! (wink, wink).
1. Extend your tipsy by drinking one cup of agua, water or H2O for every glass of liquor.
It’ll keep your drunk-in-love balanced aaand classy.
Snacking on bread works too.
2. Grown Folks Use Protection – Free condoms are located at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in the Path to Power Hall booth at 3701.
3. Switch up your name!
Always wanted to test out a feisty alternative to Deborah or Jasmine? This is a good way to stay safe and anonymous. Now is the time to do it without judgement.
4. Keep your autonomy by getting the number, not giving it away. 555-543-21NO
Grab a selfie with all the people you bag to avoid the dreadful “who dis.”
5. Keep your head on swivel.
Make note of landmarks, street signs, and drunk men who think women’s bodies are community property, you know, the usual.
6. Hydrate, Rest, Seek Shade and Pace your Party.
7. Have a central meeting place in case you and your party lose each other in the sea of equally fabulous women.
Other things to keep in mind:
8. Be proactive: send your friends your location or drop them a pin in the map so that they can easily find you in the event of an emergency.
9. Bring every charger you have to make sure you always have a full charge and can connect with your crew from whereever,whenever. : Portable and Wall.
10. Be in the moment.
Last but not least:
Save some funds to donate towards protecting the next generation of you. Text Rise to 50555 to donate $10 for Black Girls.