Caring, Compassionate, Healing, Counseling, Support Groups and Sister Circles
Contact Us if You Have Been Impacted by Sexual Violence. 347-533-9102 or 347-533-9103
Help for Sexual Assault and Rape Survivors: Community Programs
- Crisis Intervention
- Case Management
- Practical/Emergency Assistance
- Information and Referrals
- Individual Counseling
- Support Groups/Healing Circles and Sister Circles Via Web and Face to Face.
- Community Education Presentations
How Can the Counseling and Healing Program Help?
Traumatic experiences such as sustaining crime and abuse can create distressing reactions that are at times overwhelming and could linger for months or years after. Black Women’s Blueprint specializes in helping traumatized women, cis and trans and LGBTQ survivors of crime and abuse.
Signs of trauma may include:
- Difficulty concentrating
- Inability to continue activities you once found enjoyable
- Feeling overwhelmed and/or confused
- Remembering aspects of the trauma when you do not want to (thoughts, images, sensations)
- Persistent anxiety and tension
- Difficulty falling asleep or remaining asleep
- Nightmares related to the crime and abuse
- Vivid memories of the crime or abuse
- Intense desire not to think about or frequent people, places, and things that remind you of the trauma
- Using substances or engaging in high-risk behavior to numb or distract from the traumatic reactions
We serve youth and adults and their families, who have experienced one or more of the following: Childhood Sexual Abuse or Physical Abuse, Rape or Sexual Assault, Human Trafficking, Physical Assault.
If you are experiencing trauma from any of these, you can find help. You have already taken the first step by finding us. The next step is to call or email us for an appointment. Counseling Center: 347-533-9102 or 347-533-9103. Our Healing and Counseling Program Coordinator will guide you on the phone through the steps to an appointment with a trauma healing expert. Our staff will help you assess your current needs, create a workable timetable and plan for your emotional recovery and healing, and find other services if and when necessary.